Saturday

Lok lok!

Our plate of lok-loks. Still nice and hot from the boiling water which the lok-loks were just cooked in. Can you say Itadakimasu?? :p

Fried tofu with rojak paste. Its like mini rojaks! :)
Chinese herbal tea. Its served cold and if your going to ask me if it tastes awful, my answer is hell no.

I've ogled the neon sign that says "lok lok" for countless nights. And I've finally got to try it with who else but bie :) Anyways, I can't talk or rant about the decor or the service. I mean its the most primitive form of eating there is compared to places like restaurants here. You take whatever your taste buds fancy and pass it to the dude, that's right the one whose standing next to the boiling pot of water. Once the foods' ready its over to your table no detours and straight to your tummy. Its fast really. And my oh my, a huge array of lok-loks to choose from. Vegetables on sticks to mussels on sticks. Tons. Choosing is fun :) And you know what? Sitting on a plastic stool that feels like its about to give in to your weight, tackling your fishball and his sausage ( Dear reader, at this point please kindly refrain from giggling. Yes I know its does sound obscene) in the sweet sauce, talking about everything while you watch cars zoom past, you think to yourself, those idiots in the car. They don't know what they're missing. I mean its lok lok. It's as simple as that. Steamboat on a stick. But yet its filling and exceptionally delicious when cooked just right and with just the right concoction which makes up the sauce. Uh-huh. Yummy. Period.

PS/ To all ye vegetarians, you get to try this out too cause they do have vegetables you can choose from. Like bok choy on a stick. How chic is that? :)

No comments: