Sunday

Tea Me.

So I'm on a holiday. That's one of the perks of teaching. You get to enjoy the school holidays even if your not in school anymore. And the best part is I've got no holiday homework! Hell yeah. I'm going to eatsleeplikealogtumblrreadeatsleeptumblrgooutsleepeattumblreadgooutagain
ya and take at least 26748 pictures a day. That basically sums up my plans. Oh yeah. And if possible probably cram in a good dose of exercise. I think I am in dire need of that. Anyways, I'm still as addicted to tumblr as ever and I've just finished Murakami's Norwegian Wood. I shall be reading Dickens today. I don't know why I've usually taken classics for granted but after Pride and Prejudice I realise classics are AMAZING. Took me long enough to realise that too. And oh glory to Penguin Popular Classics. They've got all sorts of books at such low prices. I got my copy of Great Expectaions and Pride and Prejudice for only RM9.35 each. I've found Nabokov's Lolita at Popular in Tun Jugah just the other day and I also got myself a copy of Jane Eyre. WTF is happening to me. Haha. Oh ya no one goes to town anymore huh? Oh yeah that's right everyone's over at Spring now. I forgot.

Now the perfect way to end this extremely mundane post would be to enclose a list of books I will be/want to read for this fateful year. No, I'm serious :)

1. Catcher in The Rye by J.D Salinger
2. The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
3. Any book by John Steinbeck really.
4. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk ( I've watched the movie but not read the book. Was that a mistake?)
5. Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan ( I've been searching for this book forever )
6. How Starbucks Saved my Life by Michael Gates Gill
7. Have a Little Faith by Micth Albom
8. Looking for Alaska by John Green
9. Everything is Illuminated by John Safran Foer
10. Atonement by Ian McEwan

Yep, so far so good. Now I just have to go book hunting. I cross my heart and promise that my next post will be more interesting than this one ok?

I'll be off now :)

2 comments:

teddykins said...

I've read the Joy Luck Club, not that good. But perhaps you might find it delightful. ANY book by Mitch Albom is good, start with: Five People You'd Meet in Heaven. Atonement: IS GOOD. So read it, the movie did not do it justice. Jane Eyre, reallllly good. (: Oh, do read Kim Edward's The Memory Keeper's Daughter (: I like it, maybe you would too!

P.s I updated my blog, well, I changed the look, yet again. I'm trying to get into blooooging. so there.

sarahsays said...

JO!I trust you more than anyone about books. Joy Luck Club is what Amy Tan's famous for I have the rest of her books except for that and their not bad la. I live Mitch Albom! I've read Five People You Meet in Heaven, Tuesdays with Morrie, and For One More Day. I trust you when you say Atonement is good. Still looking for the book. Ooooh theres a movie on the Memory Keeper's daughter right? I'll put that book on my list too :) Any other good reads?